Bam! This dish is spicy, delicious, and packed with nutrients. The zesty and high fiber kimchi, super spicy gochujang, and protein rich beef and tofu make this dish incredibly filling.
- 3/4 pound beef – chopped stew ready beef is perfect
- 3 cups dashi stock
- 2 cups kimchi – chopped into bite sized pieces with liquid
- 2 tablespoons gochujang hot pepper paste* (adjust your spice level with this paste)
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1/2 block of tofu cut into large cubes
- Garlic chives or green onion as topping
- *This recipe is easily scaled up – the ingredients listed are for a small 1.5 quart crock pot
- Sear the beef briefly in a pan. Transfer the beef into the crock pot. Deglaze the pan with the dashi stock, then add the broth to the crock pot. (These steps are optional, but give the soup a deeper flavor.)
- Add the kimchi, hot pepper paste, black bean sauce, onion, and tofu to the crock pot. Set the crock pot to cook and let the hot pot simmer for at least two hours.
- I like to prepare the beef and stock the night before, and set it in the fridge over night. Before I leave for work the next day, I set the crock pot to cook so I can come home to a home cooked meal.
High in Protein, B1, B12, B2, B3, B6, Folate, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Zinc Carbs 11.83 g | Fiber 2.31 g | Fat 6.28 g | Protein 28.78 g