- 4 Cups of Cooked Rice
- 1 Cup of Dashi Broth (chicken broth can be substituted in a pinch)
- 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Sake
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar (I prefer to use brown sugar)
- 1 Onion (french sliced)
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (cut into small pieces)
- 4 Eggs (gently mixed in a large bowl)
- 1 Bunch of Garlic Chives to Top the Bowl (use green onions if you can't find garlic chives)
- Add the dashi, soy sauce, sake, and sugar to a large nonstick pan. Once the liquid has come to a light simmer, and the sugar is completely dissolved, add in all the onions.
- Let the onions simmer in the sauce until they have become tender, and then add the chicken thighs.
- Once the chicken thighs have cooked through, drizzle in the eggs - be sure to coat the entire surface of the pan in eggs. Cover the pan with a lid, and let the eggs cook for 1-3 minutes (1 minute leaves the eggs very tender and loose 3 minutes sets the eggs).