Sunshine, heat, dirty hands from gardening… do you miss summer? This dish will bring summer back to your table. The fresh basil, crunchy greens, and the bright zing of lemon make this lively dish a perfect pick me up. This dish is made from seasonal ingredients, making it the perfect cure to winter blues.
- 1/2 pound trimmed green beans
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (packed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans, and boil for two minutes. Strain the green beans, and immediately shock in ice water.
- Add the almonds, basil, lemon juice, salt, and olive oil to a blender. Blend only until mixed, make sure the almonds maintain some of their crunchy texture.
- Mix together the pesto and green beans.
High in fiber, B2, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Magnesium, Manganese Carbs 13.14 g | Fiber 5.73 g | Fat 11.8 g | Protein 11.6 g