Sweet and spicy, this loaded pineapple curry fried rice will definitely satisfy. The exotic flavors, and warm hearty goodness will take you where you want to be.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1/2 block of tofu
- 2/3 pound lean ground beef
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 pineapple
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tomatoes
- It is important to do all prep work before you start this dish as you will have to move quickly once you start cooking.
- Dice the onion. Cube the tofu. Place both on the same plate as they will be added to the pan at the same time.
- Dice the ginger, garlic, jalapeño, and bell pepper. Place together on a plate, as they will be added at the same time.
- Chop the pineapple into bite size pieces.
- Wisk the eggs.
- Slice the tomatoes and cilantro, and set aside as they will be served fresh on top.
- It is best to use day old rice, otherwise the dish will become mushy.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Add the onion, tofu, and half the curry powder.
- Once the onions have softened, and the curry powder becomes aromatic, add the ground beef.
- Once the beef is completely broken up and browned, add the ginger, garlic, jalapeño, and bell pepper. Cook until the garlic is aromatic.
- Add the pineapple chunks.
- Once the pineapple is hot, and some of the juice has cooked off, add the eggs, soy sauce and second half of the curry powder. Cook until the eggs have set.
- Add the cold rice.
- Once the rice has been incorporated, and the dish is hot, add the fish sauce.
- Serve topped with tomato and fresh cilantro.
High in B1, B12, B2, B3, B6, Folate, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Sodium, and Zinc Carbs 58.31 g | Fiber 6.33 g | Fat 16.67 g | Protein 32.81 g