I cannot count the number of strawberry cake recipes I’ve come across that contain no real strawberries. I don’t see the point of them, the beauty of a strawberry cake is it’s fresh flavors, which is why I made this strawberry cake. It is practically bursting with strawberry goodness.
- 1 1/2 cups strained pureed strawberries
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon juice – only if the strawberries are frozen
- 2 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter substitute
- Preheat oven to 350
- Puree the strawberries and strain through a sieve (thaw the strawberries first if using frozen). Mix the strawberry puree with the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the lemon juice if using frozen strawberries.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients while beating in the butter.
- Scoop into cupcake liners, bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- For cake: Split batter between two 9-inch cake pans, and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- This recipe can be scaled down by dividing each ingredient into thirds (for 8 cupcakes).
Protein 2.7 g | Carbs 25.79 g | Fat 6.0 g | Fiber 0.4 g