Can someone please help me rename this dish? It's a big hit at parties, but the name is so lack-luster. This one of my favorite recipes for when I have a bunch of basil I need to cut back before it flowers.
- 2 Cans of White Beans (Great Northern Beans)
- 1 Large Bunch of Basil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Lemon's Worth of Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (use the good stuff)
- Salt to Taste
- The secret to this recipe is thoroughly washing the beans, keep washing until there are no more bubbles, and the canned smell is gone.
- Once you've rinsed and drained the beans, add them to a food processor*
- Give a rough chop to the basil, I throw in the stems and everything into the dip
- Add the lemon juice and salt and blend until smooth
- Slowly add olive oil until the dip is rich enough
*An emersion blender works well. If I'm in a hurry to prep for a party, I'll make the dip right in the serving bowl (less clean-up)