I make this soup for breakfast when I’m looking for something wildly satisfying that will nourish me throughout the day. With prep time it takes me about 20-minutes in the InstaPot, but it only takes about 35 if you prefer to make it on the stove.
- Pressure Cooker (Optional)
- 1/3 Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 3 medium Carrots
- 4 cups Broth I prefer an unseasoned bone broth, but chicken broth works just as well
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 3 Chicken Thighs Frozen is OK if you haven't thawed them yet
- 3 whole Star Anise
- 1 cup Rice Leftover rice is fine, or you can add some uncooked short grain white rice.
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Green Onion
- Soft Boiled Eggs
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, and ginger. Chop the carrots into small disks.
- Add the all the ingredients to the Instapot (or regular pot). Set the pressure cooker on high for 15 minutes.
- Once the timer has gone off, remove the whole chicken thighs and chop them into small bite sized peices by cutting against the grain. Add them back into the pot, and give the mixture a stir.
- Taste for seasoning and serve with fresh herbs and a soft boiled egg.