- 1/4 Cup roasted whole grain buckwheat Kasha – 45 grams
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 Teaspoon oil
- 1 Egg
- In a microwave safe bowl (or mug) add the buckwheat, water, salt and pepper. Microwave for three minutes, or until the buckwheat is tender and the water has been fully absorbed.
- Alternatively, you can make the kasha in a pot on the stove. Just add all the ingredients, and simmer until all the water has been absorbed.
- While your kasha is heating, heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter and spread it around the pan. Once the butter is melted, crack the egg over the pan. Cook until the whites are set, but the yolk is still runny. Slide the egg onto the porridge.
- To eat, mix the fried egg into the porridge for a creamy, savory breakfast.
Carbs 31.29 g | Fiber 4.22 g | Fat 10.26 g | Protein 11.14g