- 1 block firm tofu or sprouted tofu buy blocks made with calcium for a higher nutrient density
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger juice
- 4 pieces of dried shiitake mushrooms about 1 mushroom worth
- Remove the tofu from the package, place between two plates. Weigh the top plate down with an apple, onion, or similarly sized object. Let the tofu drain for 1/2 hour – 1 hour.
- Once the tofu has drained (and compacted), remove the tofu from the plate, and slice into quarter-inch thick slices.
- In a container just bigger than the tofu (or the rinsed out container it came in) add the soy sauce, ginger, ginger juice, and shiitake mushrooms in the container. Add the sliced tofu, and add water until the water just barely covers the tofu. Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 1 week before serving.
- This tofu is perfect in the Vietnamese Lettuce Wraps I posted.
High in Fiber, Protein, B1, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Selenium