*Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- 4 Cups of Cooked Rice
- 1 Cup of Dashi Broth Click to view Dashi Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Sake
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar I prefer to use brown sugar
- 1 Onion french sliced
- 4 BonelessSkinless Chicken Thighs (cut into small pieces)
- 4 Eggs gently mixed in a large bowl
- 1 Bunch of Garlic Chives to Top the Bowl use green onions if you can't find garlic chives
Add the dashi, soy sauce, sake, and sugar to a large nonstick pan. Once the liquid has come to a light simmer, and the sugar is completely dissolved, add in all the onions.
Let the onions simmer in the sauce until they have become tender, and then add the chicken thighs.
Once the chicken thighs have cooked through, drizzle in the eggs - be sure to coat the entire surface of the pan in eggs. Cover the pan with a lid, and let the eggs cook for 1-3 minutes (1 minute leaves the eggs very tender and loose 3 minutes sets the eggs).