*Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- 4 Cups of Cooked Rice
- 1 Cup of Dashi Broth Click to view Dashi Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Sake
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar I prefer to use brown sugar
- 1 Onion french sliced
- 4 BonelessSkinless Chicken Thighs (cut into small pieces)
- 4 Eggs gently mixed in a large bowl
- 1 Bunch of Garlic Chives to Top the Bowl use green onions if you can't find garlic chives
- Add the dashi, soy sauce, sake, and sugar to a large nonstick pan. Once the liquid has come to a light simmer, and the sugar is completely dissolved, add in all the onions.
- Let the onions simmer in the sauce until they have become tender, and then add the chicken thighs.
- Once the chicken thighs have cooked through, drizzle in the eggs - be sure to coat the entire surface of the pan in eggs. Cover the pan with a lid, and let the eggs cook for 1-3 minutes (1 minute leaves the eggs very tender and loose 3 minutes sets the eggs).