- 1 acorn squash
- 2 apples
- 3 parsnips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 32 ounces of broth I prefer chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons raw cashews – Optional not listed in nutrition
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Cut the acorn squash, apples, and parsnips into large, 1-2 inch cubes. Add the cubes to a baking pan, and toss with the olive oil and salt. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the edges are golden, and they are soft and tender.
- Transfer the contents of the pan into a large soup pot. Add the broth (plus enough water to submerge all the vegetables) and bring to a rapid boil. Lower the heat and let the soup simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the flavors have gotten a chance to meld, blend the mixture using either an immersion blender, or by transferring it in batches to a blender. Blend until the soup is silky and smooth.
- Optional – Toast cashews in a small pan, and sprinkle each bowl for a bit of crunch.
- This dish tastes great hot or cold, try it as a side to your packed lunch.
Carbs 16.70 g | Fiber 3.82 g | Fat 3.10 g | Protein 1.54 g