- 1 1/2 cups strained pureed strawberries
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon juice – only if the strawberries are frozen
- 2 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Earth Balance Butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Puree the strawberries and strain through a sieve (thaw the strawberries first if using frozen). Mix the strawberry puree with the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the lemon juice if using frozen strawberries.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients while beating in the butter.
- Scoop into cupcake liners, bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- For cake: Split batter between two 9-inch cake pans, and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- This recipe can be scaled down by dividing each ingredient into thirds (for 8 cupcakes).