- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 oz salmon of salmon fillets 4 x 3 ounce steaks
- Turn on your broiler.
- In a jar, shake together the soy sauce, mirin, and sugar until the sugar has been dissolved. Pour the soy sauce mixture into a small glass baking pan. Add the salmon fillets to pan, being sure to first coat each side of the fish with sauce.
- Set the pan under the broiler for 3 minutes. Take the pan out, and carefully flip the fish. Set the pan under the broiler for another 3 minutes. The fish is done if it easily flakes with a fork.
- Serve this simple fish over rice, as part of a salad, or with your favorite sides and enjoy.
- *If you decide to scale this recipe, I recommend using the amount of sauce I have listed here as the minimum amount, or so the sauce is about 1 cm in depth.